Monday, November 14, 2011

Still here......

I am still here, I swear. Quinn is still in there moving around and apparently growing like a weed. Life in general has been crazy hectic but things with Quinn are pretty quite. We are just waiting for her to make her arrival. An arrival that I am still pretty much dreading and Steve is looking forward to.
We had our 2nd 3-D ultrasound a few weeks ago and our little Quinn Bean is beautiful! She is also no longer breach. Steve did a little bit of a happy dance but I actually had some tears. I don't want to have to have a c-section but in my mind I have always thought that it would be better for her so if she was breech it made the decision and easy one.
Steve and I also had our weekend away. It was amazing. Amazing! We went to The Ritz in Cleveland for two nights and just relaxed and spent time together. It was so nice to have some time to just be us for a little while. We weren't Ashlyn's mom and dad or the parents of a daughter with a genetic defect we were just us! Of course while being just us I was also still a very large pregnant lady and got MANY comments on how I must be having twins. I would politely tell them that there is indeed just one and left it at that. I didn't tell a single person about T13, this was my weekend and I refused to see that look of pity in anyone's eye.
Now going back to the MANY comments on being huge and ready to pop that would be because I am huge. Actually I have moved beyond huge and I am thinking more like ginormous now! Last week at my 36w3d appointment I measured 50 weeks. Of course 40 weeks is full term so measuring 50 is not completely normal. I think with Ashlyn the largest I ever got was 42. So I am set for another growth ultrasound on Thursday with my normal mid-wife appointment. Should Quinn be over 4500 grams (9 pounds) we will be offered an elective c-section and will also have to find a new outfit for her since the one that I got is a 5 to 9 pound one…. Trisomy babies usually are smaller and stop growing around 7.5 months so I assumed that we would need a smaller outfit….. Guess we will find out.
Other than that, not much is going on. I still haven't packed my bag for the hospital. I am not ready yet and I feel like if I get all prepared like I am ready she will come. I honestly know it doesn’t work that way but I still can't get myself to do it.
I will try to update soon! Our internet has been out at home so I basically just get on my phone but we are hoping to have that fixed here ASAP.

Before I go, here is a picture of our beautiful girl!  Just look at those chubby cheeks =)  I am so in love!

2 comments:

KatieMGreen said...

What a sweet little picture of Quinn!!!!!!!

Joe said...

Hi Quinn :) A sweet girl!

Post a Comment