Monday, February 27, 2012

Blog Challenge #1

I was catching up on some of the blogs that I follow and came across this post on my friend Devany's blog.  I thought that it sounded like fun so I am going join the challenge =) 

Day 1: A recent picture and 15 interesting facts about yourself.

I know it is from Christmas, but it really is the last (decent) picture that was taken of me!

1. I have spent the past 10 years with my best friend and this year we will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary.  I have always thought that we had an amazing relationship and in all honesty I have maybe even been slightly smug about it.  I used to feel guilty for this but now, nope!  You wish you had a relationship as good as we do.  We worked hard to have the relationship that we do and I am proud of that!  He is honestly my best friend and I do not know where I would be if it weren't for him.

2. I am addicted to Target.  And Starbucks. The fact that I can get both fixes at the same time makes me happy!  I would go to Target every day if I could, and if I could afford it!

3. I spent 6 years in the Ohio Army National Guard.  I went to basic training at Ft Jackson, SC and loved every second of it!  It was the hardest most rewarding summer of my life and I met amazing people while I was there.   My drill sargents  were named Taylor and Fifer.  Just more proof that Steve and I were meant for each other ;)

4.  I got my cards read from a psycic once and I will NEVER get it (or anything close to it) done again.  She told me that I would have 3 kids and that one would die.... yeah, enough said.

5. I am a twi-hard and I am not ashamed to admit it.  Team Edward!
I am also very much in love with The Hunger Games!  I can not wait until the movie comes out!  "I do not want to lose the boy with the bread".  Love it!

6.  Losing Quinn has changed many of the relationships in my life.  I have lost friends and family but I have also gained both as well.  I have met some of the most amazing people and I am thankful that there are people that do really get it.  I am hurt over some of the relationships that have changed or have ended completely but I know that it is for the best at this time. 

7. I am 100% in love with Adam Levine.  I love him.  He is amazing. Everything about him is amazing.  Have I told you that I love him and think that he is amazing?  Well, he is!

8. I sing flat and I don't care!  I torture Steve in the car but I think he would miss it if I stopped.

9. Steve hadn't bought me a piece of jewlery since our wedding day but since we found out about Quinn's diagnosis he has bought me 3 pieces.  For my birthday I got a Pandora bracelet with both of our girls' names spelled out.  Right after Quinn passed he bought me a locket which I have some of her hair in.  Then the other day he bought me the Open Heart Angel just because.  I love that Quinn has brought me bling =)

10. I still have my very first bra.  I have no idea why but I still have it and after all this time I can't bring myself to get rid of it.

11.  I sleep with a stuffed animal.  I always have and I always will!  Before, it was never anything that I was attached to, it was just something that was for comfort but now I sleep with Quinn's mini-hippo pillow pet.  I will be sleeping with that hippo until it is in taters and even then I will probably be clutching it.  I also sleep with the receiving blanket that Quinn was using the night that she died.  I haven't washed it and I never will.  This is the only thing that I have that my baby touched. 

12.  Quinn was not the first time in my life where I have experianced a great loss.  When I was 13 my birth mom died.  It sucked and I was sad but it was NOTHING compared to this.  I wasn't close to my Mom but regardless of your relationship with your mom it changes you when she is gone.  I am very lucky that I have an amazing person in my life that I considered my mom even before my birth mom died. 

13. I am crafty.  I love to scrapbook.  I can sort of crochet, at least well enough to make some beanies for Ashlyn anyway.  I can't really sew but I did manage to make Ashlyn a mobile and I plan to take a quilting class so I can make her a quilt out of her baby cloths.

14. I love trash.  As in trashy magazines, reality TV, the Kardashians, I love it but I will not watch Teen Mom. 

15. I do not eat the tips of fries.  I haven't for years.  I will eat up to the point and then throw that part out or I will just rip them off.  It drives Steve crazy!  I also have to dip everything!  Ranch, Italian dressing,  sour cream, ketchup.... I have Ashlyn doing the same thing too =)


There you go, 15 interesting facts about me.  Well, not sure if they are interesting but they are facts =)

1 comments:

Devany said...

I want to make a baby clothing quilt someday too! Can't wait to see yours!

Post a Comment