Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hope

4 weeks ago at this very moment I was sitting in the doctors office ready for my big ultrasound. It is amazing how things have changed since then. One thing that strikes me is that at that time I was so full of hope and now 4 weeks later I still have some hope left in me. I went through a time there where I had none. I had no hope that she would live because I wouldn't allow myself to. Now I can't really help it. After meeting Josephine and reading the stories of so many other children with Trisomy 13 and many other chromosomal defects I am hopeful that my Quinn might be one of the lucky ones. That we might be one of the lucky ones. I have no idea how to raise a child with special needs but I am more than willing to give it my best shot and give Quinn all of the love that child could ever need. I know that it won't be easy but that is okay, the best things in life do not come easy.
Today my sister-in-law is in that very same office awaiting the very same ultrasound that we were. I know that her results will be happy and we will soon be shopping for my new nephew! Yes, I already know that it is a boy =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment