Monday, August 29, 2011

My idea of Heaven

I was watching an old rerun of Sex in the City and Carrie asked Big what his idea of Heaven was.  His response was a big bed.  I completely agree.  Every morning, especially weekends, when Ash wakes up in the we bring her into our bed for her to have a bottle and then snuggle.  Sometimes she will go back to sleep which means that we can too and sometimes she doesn't.  The days that she doesn't she crawls around on us and laughs at Zeke, our dog.  This is my favorite time of the day.  I absolutely adore getting snuggle time with my Bug since she is far to busy during the day to be loved on.  This was one of the biggest things that I was looking forward to when we got pregnant with Quinn.  I (we) couldn't wait for our Bean to come and join us during our snuggle time in bed.  I feel like my heart is being ripped out when I think that we might not get this special time with our Bean.  She might not ever get to come snuggle with the 3 of us.  I might have to wait until we all get to Heaven to have that time with my Bean.  So, my idea of Heaven is a giant bed.

1 comments:

KatieMGreen said...

Hi friend!
That is such a good question - what does Heaven look like?!? I just got through reading "Heaven is for Real" and it was a pretty cool perspective. I agree that laying in a comfy bed with kids is pretty close to perfect! :)
Praying for you and for Steve. I know it's got to be another stressor for you to be under. But I bet that you are both fighting for the same thing, and it's just trying to figure out how to live in this new reality. I pray that yall can work it out and know you're on the same team. And that you will grow so much in your marriage going through this together.

Another thing I wanted to give you was a link to one of my favorite things I've heard lately. It was actually about a week or two before we found out about Hallie's diagnosis. It just hit me in such a big way though. I am also sure just by looking at this site, you can find some great talks/sermons in the titles.

This one is in the "Amazing Stories" series and it's Part II about fear. I hope it helps you. Praying for you!!!!!!!!

http://www.buckheadchurch.org/messages/amazing-stories

Post a Comment